07 September 2011

Wedding Guest Post: Style Peek from Sweet Laundry Loves


Hello! I’m Lisa from Sweet Laundry Loves and I’m filling in for Lenore while she’s busy tying the knot J.

Fall is just around the corner, and while most of us are busy soaking up every last bit of summer, I’m busy creating my fall wish list and trying to figure out how I can transition some of my summer pieces into fall.


Dress: Anthropologie
Poncho, Bracelets: H&M
Boots: Aldo
Glasses: Forever21
I bought this dress this summer and I absolutely adore it. The only problem is I've only had the chance to wear it once and with the seasons changing I didn't want to have to wait until next year to wear it again. 

So what's an easy peasy way to transition this dress or any summer dress into fall? Simple: add a sweater or blazer, a pair of boots, and maybe even a pair of tights for extra warmth. I recently picked up this poncho at H&M for $25 and can guarantee it will be a staple this fall. Layering is and will always be a sure fire way to dress for fall. 

Enjoy the rest of your summer friends and let's raise a glass to Lenore and her Groom. Salut!

Lisa

10 comments:

  1. Love this!

    That poncho looks so good on you that I may be a convert...I could use one for my freezing office! I too winterize my summer dresses with boots (and tights) and my leather jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute transformation! Love your glasses, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having trouble transitioning, especially now with the frigid (for me) mornings and sweltering afternoons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that jumper, it looks so cozy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely captured abstract, love the photograph feel it's got. Awesome picture! And it's actually somewhere I've been. Sweet! london wedding venue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the H&M poncho!

    http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the above mentioned.eden gold


    I just tried out as you suggested and it works great buy eden gold

    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore