Ahhhhh, fall fashion....makes my heart go pitter patter. Unfortunately, I've been hoarding my fall wardrobe due to unseasonably high temps here in Winnipeg. Not that I'm complaining, but a girl's gotta be ready for anything in the unpredictable prairies. So I've been going through my old fall gear and my new additions, to pick out the work horses that will really extend my remixing options.
1. Winter white oversized shawl sweater (Gap) - Cozy, cozy, cozy! This sweater is going to be thrown over all my summer tops to take the chill out and I see it paired with lots of skinny jeans, jeggings and tall boots.
2. Olive cardigan (Old Navy) - Oh how my cardigan collection grows. For fall I chose an earthy olive - to me it's almost a neutral and I can throw it over everything from flowy white summer tops to printed dresses. Buttoned up, belted or open, the options are limitless!
3. Owl printed scarf (local boutique Out of the Blue) - Don't scarves make everything better? I will be throwing them on regularly starting this week. They're a fabulous way to try new prints and colours and they just look 'fall'.
4. Jeggings (Gap) - These skinny jeans are super comfy and pair perfectly with tall boots, summer tops and sweaters. You can even try them under a dress, with a drapey scarf and some fantastic earrings.
5. Wide belt (Forever 21) - I'm learning more and more that it's all about silhouette for me (thanks Project Runway!) and this wide, elastic belt cinches in all my dresses, tops and even layered sweaters for an hourglass look.
6. Chocolate opaque tights (Hue) - These cute tights in my new neutral will be great under all those dresses and skirts I picked up during the summer. Plus they're adorable with both flats AND tall boots!
7. Gold necklace (Target) - Gold is hot right now and I think it adds a real warmth to my fall outfits. My palette of warm, earthy caramel, olive, cream and chocolate go perfectly with gilded accessories.
So, what are your must-have fall items? Have you been shopping yet? What are your fave trends?