13 June 2010

Before and After: Gimli Bedside Table

What a beautiful Sunday!  I hope you're enjoying your day.  I've been deep in the DIY since yesterday afternoon.  While J is away, with projects I will play!

This is an old bedside table I picked up last year at Value Village for $14.99.  I got it for the master bedroom in Gimli but I've put off finally fixing it up.  It's hard to see in the pic, but the last owner sprayed it with that grainy speckled spray paint so I got my excercise sanding it all off!


I picked up a quart of paint in C.I.L's robin's egg blue shade called 'Bear Run'.  After sanding it down (by hand!) I coated it in about 5 coats of the paint.  The mini roller is ideal for this type of project and is done in a flash.  I used trim and door paint in a semi-gloss for durability and sheen.  I removed the plastic knobs and replaced them with pewter ones I picked up at McDiarmid Lumber. 

We're headed out to Gimli for July long weekend so this completed bedside table will be returned to it's home, all freshened up!  But this is the same paint colour as the room it will be in, so you can get a sense of the palette.

Total project cost:
bedside table - $15
paint - $19
knobs - $10
sandpaper - $4

Total - $48

Have a great Sunday and try not to think about going back to work or school tomorrow!

Written with love,
Lenore

13 comments:

  1. Very nice....I like how you switched up the doors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a jobe well done!! I love before and after snaps. sadly, I could look at them all day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an improvement! Fantastic work--the new color and knobs are perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lenore that looks great!! Did you realize that "bear run" is the same color Hailey picked out for her room.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, nice work! I love that robin's egg blue shade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lenore - that looks fab! Love that colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all for your kind comments!

    Jason - I totally suspected it was the same colour, the name rung a bell. Guess Hailey and her auntie have the same taste!

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color you chose!!-and guess what, I`ve just painted a bedside table that looks exactly like this one!:)))The pictures are on my blog..I paid $10 for it at a garage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome Bia, aren't good deals just the best feeling?

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore