07 August 2010

Fall in Bed

Fall is on my mind...I know, I know - it's still summer!  But it's been such a crazy, hectic summer that part of me is really craving the cozy transition into fall, when it's more acceptable to start hibernating and focusing on innie things rather than outie things.  The business has taken up so much of my mind that between work, the biz, life and everything else, it's been a bit overwhelming.  I'm a little nervous about how I'm going to set up my workspace for winter, but I know I'll figure something out!

Speaking of hibernating...


My bed is one of my favourite places to be...especially when the weather turns cool. I am absolutely in love with this photo from the Anthropologie home collection. It's for bedding, but the combination of that fabulous headboard with the warm patchwork bedding is such an inviting combo - don't you think?

Happy Saturday my friends!

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking of how Fall is starting to sprinkle itself into the air. I can sense it a bit. I hear you with being overwhelmed! I should be working on a project right now and here I am in Bloggieland. Love that bed and quilt, I agree with you;)Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well down the bottom of the world in New Zealand things are the opposite here, we have had a little feeling of spring being in the air (not today, it is pouring with rain!) but I am very excited about it! It has been a challenge to say the least, surviving my first winter as a furniture painting business owner. I have survived by painting inside my house as the garage (or outside) just wasn't an option, far too cold (for me, and the paint!). I hate messing the house up with half painted furniture though. I haven't done as many pieces as I would over summer, and guess I have diversified a bit by concentrating a little more on my reupholstered items which only require me to hunt them out and transport them to and from my upholsterer. I also have lots of other creative ideas which could have been done inside but I just haven't got around to them yet (maybe next winter). So I guess what I am saying, is yes it is harder, but being able to think of ways around that, and managing, is very satisfying :)

    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. that headboard is indeed pretty awesome. i love the flowers too!

    hope your sunday has been lovely so far, dear!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore