25 September 2010

From the Kitchen: Easy Banana Muffins

So I go to make something for breakfast and I see 3 sad brown bananas looking up at me from the fruit bowl.  My Martha Stewart instincts kick in and I decide to turn them into happy muffins.  I found this amazingly easy recipe from Canadian chef Cat Can Cook, so I thought I would share. 


No really, they are soooo easy!  Trust me, you need 2  bowls, one for wet ingredients and 1 for dry.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Wet ingredients
3-4 ripe bananas
3/4 cup of white sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup melted butter

Dry ingredients
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups flour

Blend each bowl, well then combine them, mixing thoroughly.  That's it.  No really, that's it!  Spoon the batter into greased muffin tins, filling them 1/2 to a 1/3 full.  I topped each one with a pecan for a little bit of flair.  Bake for 20 minutes.

Now try not to eat them all in one sitting...


What's your easy bake treat?  Do tell so I can surprise J with some more deliciousness!

3 comments:

  1. Ooo- You're right SO easy-

    I like your flair too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man!! i really need to start baking again!

    maybe tomorrow i can bake these for breakfast?

    i think i just might :)

    hope your enjoying your saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my fav's is gool ol' corn bread. My husband and son love it! A great fall treat too with some warm butter and a cup of joe. ;)Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore