21 April 2010

Just plain awesome

Everywhere I turn today, I'm hearing about 1000 Awesome Things.

From being passed around on email at the office.  To Heather's top pick at Chapters.

And awesome it is.

Neil Pasricha was having a really bad year.  Like your closest friend committing suicide bad.  Like your wife leaving you bad.

So he decided to start a blog that recognized small, yet awesome things.  This would be to pay attention to the small stuff and help him stay grateful for all the good things he had in his life.

The idea turned into a blog.  The blog turned into a book. And now Neil Pasricha is on everyone's mind.  And making them happy.  I'm particulary fond of #528 - When your pet notices you're in a bad mood and comes to see you.



I've spent so much time racking my brain trying to figure out the direction of my blog.  It's become so complicated.

Sometimes you need to just sit back and realize that simple can be really good.

In fact, it can be downright awesome!

Written with love,
Lenore

2 comments:

  1. Do you have the book? That is a good idea for a blog. I will check it out. I have thought about taking a picture everyday of my summer and doing a blog about it (thanks to you). I love reading your blog. Mainly because you can say so nicely what I think about and never say. You say it better though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't have the book but am definitely thinking about getting it. It is such a good idea, and yet so simple!

    I really like your blog idea, you better do it so i can read it and see the pics! I think you don't give yourself enough credit, just go for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore