05 April 2010

Dog park people

I have encountered the tribe known as the dog park people.  This was our first time at Churchill Park in Riverview and it's a great place, with lots of rolling grass hills and a prime river view.  Hence, it's in Riverview.  Anyway, we came across another dog, which quickly turned into 2 then quickly turned into 22.  Not kidding, it was like I would imagine parents at the park all watching over their children and shouting words of encouragement and complimenting the other parent's children.  One dog parent brought a communal water bowl for everyone to share.  Gus hogged it, which was a little embarassing considering it was our first time with the 'group'.  I kept thinking 'GUS!  Don't bogart that water!'.  But everyone was very gracious about it.  It was a pretty dominant bunch and Gus was by far the smallest dog, but I was a proud mama as he got in there with the giant dogs and sniffed some butts of his own.  Everyone was tittering about who the new dog was, so we did lots of waving and 'he's ours'.  But he impressed, with his small but confident stature and mellow nature.  Yes, Gus made mama proud.  Guess we're dog park people now...

Written with love,
Lenore

2 comments:

  1. May I recommend Maple Grove Off Leash Park? Gus would love it, it's a nice weekend walk.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've played beach volleyball there but haven't visited the off leash park yet. Thanks for the suggestion, I'm sure he will love it!

    Lenore

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore