01 April 2010

Hotel Hume-McGee Part 2

Oh compromise!  Supposedly the foundation of any great relationship. This tool came in very handy when it came down to the decor colours of the spare room.  I love the gentle hug of neutral colours.  My other half loves the vibrant high five of bold colours.   When I asked what he thought our colour scheme should be  (thinking to myself how great a cool grey blue or a warm chocolate brown would work), he nonchalently replied 'chartreuse'.  O-kay.  I took a deep breath, opened my mind and went shopping for something bold.  The results will take some getting used to, but they're growing on me.  As uncomfortable as change may be, however small, it does always feel a little satisfying in the end.  I know, I know, it's just a bedroom.  But I'm glad I went for the high five.





A quick rundown on the budget shopping for the room...I picked up most of the pieces at JYSK since they have such bargain basement prices for cute household items.  Got the duvet cover on sale for $24.99, the rug was a floor model I got for $52.00.  The pine double bedframe was a floor model as well marked down to $150.00 and the mattress was a steal at 195.00 (it's no tempurpedic but it's decent).  Even the lamp was a deal at $7.99.  The cube I 'borrowed' from the living room and the wood side table was an old IKEA purchase that I had stored in my mom's garage for the last 10 years.  Right on budget!
Written with love,
Lenore

2 comments:

  1. Do I remember the side table from Churchill?
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a matter of fact you do! It was just a cheap $16 one that I had in the apartment...ah the memories!

    Lenore

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore