Happy Sunday and welcome to the very first edition of Style School! Since I'm always playing around in my closet trying to make new looks, I thought I invite you in here with me. Since we're heading into fall (at least here in Canada!), I have fall clothes on the brain. I've been going through my fall boot collection and planning for some cooler weather looks.
Doesn't it seem like we're in a trend of 'anything goes'? For boots, it's tall boots, short boots, flat boots, heeled boots, booties....it seems like whatever your style, there's a way to work it. Not much is really 'out' per say, plus I strongly believe in wearing what you love - even if it's not in this month's magazine. Same goes with jeans - boot cut, wide leg, skinnies, jeggings, boyfriends....I love that we're not restricted to one style.
I chose 3 pairs of boots and 3 pairs of jeans to see how many looks I could make. Add in the tops and imagine the possibilities! Here's how I plan on mixing and matching this season:
1. Tall riding boots - streamlined and easy. Try pairing with long button-down and flowy scarf.
2. Chunky heeled booties - very feminine, try pairing with a loose blouse and nipped in cardigan.
3. Flat Slouchy boots - casual and relaxed, try pairing with an oversized belted sweater.
With bootcut jeans...
1. Tall riding boots - Try pairing with a flowy blouse and boyfriend blazer.
2. Chunky heeled booties - Try pairing with a tucked-in feminine blouse and statement earrings.
3. Flat Slouchy boots - Try pairing with a long tank under a v-neck sweater.
With baggy boyfriend jeans...
1. Tall riding boots - Try pairing with a belted drapey tunic and layered necklaces.
2. Chunky heeled booties - Try pairing with a simple white tee and embellished cardigan.
3. Flat Slouchy boots - Try pairing with casual hoodie with ruffled details.
Hope you enjoyed Style School friends!
Do you have any other fab boot/jeans combos in mind for fall?