04 July 2011

Style Peek: Denim hearts Floral


Happy July 4th to my American blog buddies! Hope you're all enjoying your day. We had a fab long weekend traipsing around Manitoba to Killarney and Gimli. We slept late, hung out on the boat and read tons. I took today off for an extra long weekend and it's been a bit of a wacky day - weather wise. I started out looking like this, but quickly starting stripping down thanks to the drippy humidity. Off came the flats to flip flops, hair went into a ponytail and even the necklace seemed like it was weighing me down!

I love love denim and floral together, especially homemade cut offs - they just say summer. Since I'm tall, I often trick myself into thinking regular length jeans fit just fine, then a wash later they are floods. These go to the denim graveyard and become my summer shorts!! I love how J's guitar just happened to be sitting in my photo spot - it's it a great prop!




Floral top - Loft
Jean cut offs - Gap
Necklace - American Eagle Outfitters
Silver knot flats - Franco Sarto (via Tallcrest Shoes)


Psss! Wanna know my hair secret? I get it professionally highlighted every 3-4 months but sadly, as I hit my mid-thirties...I see more and more little grey hairs popping up and it's simply not in the budget to go more often. So in between my colours, I do a Nice n Easy root touch up kit. I actually really love what it does to my hair. My highlights are usually getting brassy up front around that time and it really riches up the colour while giving me a little bit of that 'ombre' look.  Plus it's only 6 bucks!


I spent the day puttering around, hand writing my bridal shower thank you notes. I love getting notes in the mail and I can't wait to send these out! I also painted my nails Essie's Shore Thing. Now the skies have opened up and exploded in an insane thunderstorm!  Glad I'm inside with Gus!


How was your Canada Day/Independence Day long weekend friends?

5 comments:

  1. great outfit- I like the pattern- the close up is perfect- that shade of polish is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so great for summer! I love your thank you notes. so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful nail polish color!

    http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. K-town... that's where I live!!!
    Glad you had a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfit...and the guitar :) Nicely styled!! Also, great nail polish color...don't you LOVE Essie?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore