29 July 2011

The Story Behind...call for submissions!

Hey all! Thanks for your super sweet feedback on the new blog design!

In honour of this special day, I'm introducing something new here on the blog. I'd love to have you friends become more involved in the blog...so here's your chance! I'm starting a new column called 'The Story Behind...' and I'd love for you to send me a snapshot of your fave pretty/charming/awesome thing - whether it's a piece of clothing, a piece of jewellery or an accessory, an item in your home, a thrifted item - and tell me the story behind it. For example, a post could be 'The Story Behind...Amy's Chevron Lamp' or 'The Story Behind...Melissa's Vintage Bracelet'. I'll post my favourites right here on Lather. Write. Repeat.!

The cool thing is that I know many of you don't have blogs and this will be a great way to have you share with us! If you don't have a blog, be sure to include your Facebook page or Twitter profile so I can link to you.

I can't wait to see them and read your stories friends! You can email them to me at lhume1@mts.net and I'll be sharing my own stories behind in weeks to come.

*any questions drop me a line here or on Twitter!

Have an amazing day and a wonderful long weekend friends!


9 comments:

  1. Very cool idea! I'll have to pick a few pieces to send to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lenore! Just found your blog. Can't wait to read more :)

    What a great idea! It's so nice to connect with readers. I'll have to send something you way.

    Cheers, Taimi @ TaimiToGetDressed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love that Taimi - thanks! Can't wait to check out your blog as well.

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good idea. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea Lenore. Genius. Can't wait to see everyone's fav items!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I randomly found your blog, and now I'm a new follower. I love coming across other young DIY bloggers. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just the thing in mind! My wonderful watch that was given to me by my BF and my mom on two separate occasions (strange sounding, eh?). I'll send it in ASAP :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea, I'm composing an email right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore