10 October 2010

Magazines - you are my fave!

The new issue of Lonny is out!  As are many magazines this week, causing me to go into a thrill-inspired magazine buying coma...

Magazines are actually one of the things I love most in the world.  I have since I was a little girl and my mom kept a selection of Cosmo, followed by a stack of Chatelaine, followed by a bookcase full of Reader's Digest.  At the dentist office I would pore through the dog-eared issues of People magazine, zooming from the celebrity shots to the style section at the back.  I decorated my walls as a tween with pics from Tiger Beat and Bop magazines.  Then when I hit my mid teens there was Seventeen, YM and Sassy.  I've always loved Glamour, for their mix of fashion and real life issues.  Now I've moved on to primarily home and decor mags. 

Like these new additions I picked up the the weekend...


My parents gave me a bit of a hard time for my magazine addiction growing up.  Yes, I know they cost money but they give me so much joy and pleasure!  They cost the same as a grande latte and I can lay on the couch for hours, basking in the sun and browsing through the gorgeous photography, smart ideas and great new sources for things.  For me, it is money well spent.  Is it really so bad for my vice to be dishing out $20 for a weekend of inspiration from reading magazines?  I say no way.

I even veered off my usual path and picked up a mag I've always eyed with a sense of longing...


It's my big dream to one day live next to the water, just as the lucky folks I read about here.  And reading about it just pushes me further to find ways to one day make it a reality.

But don't think I only buy them new...when I stumble across a garage sale box full of old Wish and House Beautiful magazines - I snag them quick!

Do you love magazines?  What's your all time fave and why?  Share your love of mags and join the club that doesn't apologize for it!

3 comments:

  1. Lol! I just spent 63.50 on my magazine supscription order. My neice is having a magazine drive for her school, so it's time for me to stock up! I feel your pain, but simple pleasure! ;)Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I so love magazines! It's a little present in your mailbox! I read them all - decorating, news, fashion, a little gossip. Hard to pick a favorite, but at the top of the list would be Country Living, Southern Living, House Beautiful, Coastal Living, and Better Homes and Gardens. Still missing Cottage Living and Country Home. Magazines are definitely a guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canadian House and Home is still my favourite, plus Vanity Fair for all the celebrity gossip, and More because it fits my demographic. Then I buy random magazines for the fun of it. If I try really hard and read every page, I can make a magazine last almost as long as a novel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore