21 October 2010

Etsy Love: JJEvensen Art

Sorry for being MIA the last few days.  It was one of those cases where your body reminds who's in control and puts their foot down.  I have an ongoing low back issue that I manage, but for some reason my entire upper back froze up in a spasm.  So. not. cool.  So I've been drugged up with muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatories in attempts to find relief.  I'm feeling a bit better so back to work today, but I probably won't be doing any painting for a few days!  In the meantime, I leave you with some Etsy love...

It never ceases to amaze me what crafty people can do!  Like Etsy shop JJEvensen Art...they handcraft items using recycled materials like old cutlery.  Who doesn't have a bunch of old spoons and forks loading up their utensil drawer?  I love what they've come up with...


Who knew forks made perfect fingers?



Can you believe this one is a business card holder...



The end of a piece of silverware makes a beautiful barrette!

{All images via JJEvensen Art}

Hope you all have a lovely day friends!

9 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your back,sweetie. I have a huge back problem all the time so I know what you feel! Hope you get better soon...Have a tried some type of muscle-pressure-massage?
    Those are such a sweet fork and spoon hooks:)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of those! There so cool. I used to have "spoon ring" that a high school boyfriend made for me, I should try to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon Lenore. I know of this thing called lower back pain....ugh. Lots of patience and self-care lady....I loved the little peace sign forks...too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are so cool!
    hope u feel better- i too have an injury!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing and I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that business card holder is awesome! you totally need one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back Pain is no picnic in the park Lenore. As some of your other readers, I too, can unfortunately relate. One exercise for recommendation is lying on the floor with your legs and feet up at a 90 degree angle, hands at your side for as long as you can stand. (20 minutes). This will help to realign the spine. Getting down and up will require some creativity, but well worth it.

    I once had a ring made out of the end of a sterling silver spoon. It's amazing really how ordinary objects can be transformed into objects d'Art.
    Take good care,
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all, your support makes me feel better already! Hugs and kisses to you Laura and please pass them on to my papa, I love that you sent me an excercise!!

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore