22 October 2010

Furniture Cheat Sheet: The Bentwood Chair

Happy Friday friends!  Thanks a bunch for all your words of encouragement regarding my back pain.  Gawd I feel like an old lady saying that!  But really, just knowing you're sending me good thoughts makes me feel better.

For today's furniture cheat sheet, we're talking about the bentwood chair.  It's on my mind because I picked one up at the Red Barn Sale I attended a month or so back.  Mine is made of wood with an old red leather seat.  It's sitting in my studio, waiting to be transformed but I'm daunted by the idea of recovering a round seat...  


In the meantime, here's your cheat sheet!


 {Image via}


Obviously with a classic design that's been around for so long, there's all different kinds of reproductions to choose from. Here's just a few other bentwood chairs you can find in the market today...
 

 {Image via


{Image via}


 {Image via}

They make me think of sitting in a little cafe mid-morning as the sunlight streams through the windows, sipping a frothy latte...you with me?  Too much?  

Hope you have a fantastic Friday!  Any fun plans for the weekend?  I have girl's night out tonight at Splurge and J has guy's night out tomorrrow.  Plus I'm meeting a very old friend for brunch.  Should be fun!

5 comments:

  1. They are so elegant :) Sounds like you have a good w/e planned! be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lenore! Just catching up on reading, love your Assiniboine CU job, and the remade cutlery, who knew for sure!
    As for your round seat...take a deep breath and make plenty of snips! I'm sure it will look fantastic.
    Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Hmmm, no tips on the round seat, I've never tried that. I'm sure it will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi L happy Friday to you!
    I love the shape of this chair and of course as always I am looking forward to seeing what you make of it. The examples that you have are really great- I especially love the black one! I am curious to see if you keep the red covering as it looks like it's in good shape- have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a girls' night out planned for tonight! Don't you love girls' night out?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore