01 October 2010

Fall and the Red Barn

It's October 1st and it was the most perfect fall day.  I took today off work (I know it seems like I've taken a lot off lately but I didn't take too many holidays over the summer) and I spent the morning with my sister Lindsay and my 6-month old nephew Wyatt visiting the Red Barn Sale.

Here's a few pics I shot of my street while waiting for them to pick me up...



Can you believe all the leaves??

So back to the Red Barn Sale...it's my first time at this bi-annual event hosted by a group of women in the country.  They put together a big antiques sale at a huge red barn.  I was more interested in the 'red shed', which held the handyman specials.  Or should I say handywoman?

I picked up 4 great pieces that I can't wait to work on!  Like this old record cabinet...


This curvy little desk, it may just be the right size for our new bathroom vanity in our still-to-be-built loft half bath...


This old padded bench...


And this adorable chair...


The sale is on until Sunday, so if you live in the Winnipeg area it's worth the drive out to Grandpointe to visit 'the barn'.

I have a couple of new projects on the go and hoping to reveal them later this weekend.

What are you up to this weekend?  Working on any new projects/

7 comments:

  1. What great finds! Can't wait to see what you do with them. A beautiful fall day there too! Unlike the wet monsoon weather we had today. I love those perfectly bright fall days. ;)Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- love that record cabinet and i know you will make it just fabulous! and those leaves are soooo pretty. yay fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds, what a gorgeous shopping location!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lenore...your blog is like a cup of hot chocolate - so warm and soothing and just what I need at the end of the day! Good luck with your new projects - I can't wait to see them.

    I gave you a blog award today too! You can find it at http://fliederfloxx.blogspot.com/2010/10/me-blog-award-never.html
    Feel free to pass it on to other deserving blogs.
    Take care,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pieces, that cabinet is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The curvy desk looks a lot like a mid century vanity table. Do the curvy pieces move in and out? I think it was made for skirt and the pieces move so that you can get to the drawer. I made one like that for my daughter but it had lots of drawers underneath. That cute chair is a Thonet bentwood chair, probably from the 60's, It looks to be in really good condition. The cabinet would be really cute decoupaged with some kind of paper, like sheet music, or love letters, or something, Good luck. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was nice to meet you at the Red Barn Lenore. I know you'll do some great transformations with what you bought! Have fun and thanks for mentioning the sale.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore