15 October 2010

Furniture Cheat Sheet: The Ladderback Chair

Hey there happy Friday friends!  I'm super excited to introduce a new column to you today, called the Furniture Cheat Sheet.  Even though I've been scouring thrift stores and flea markets for fab furniture finds for many years,  I've really struggled with identifying the pieces I see.  Without a background in any kind of furniture study, how do you really know? 

I want to know the era and the history behind the furniture style, even if it's an interpretation or a more modern reproduction.  I want to recognize influences at a glance!  Sure I've picked up knowledge here and there, but  I've also started doing a bit more research into it - so I can be a better informed furniture treasure hunter!  I thought you might be interested in what I'm learning too. 

So voila - the Furniture Cheat Sheet...

{Image via}


What do you think?  Is this something you might find helpful?  Any pieces or styles you like included in a future cheat sheet?  Any addiitional info you'd like to see?

Let's learn about furniture history together!  Have a most lovely day friends...

7 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea for a post. Informative and useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super interestd in this.

    thanks! Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this new column! Great addition to the blog, fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fantastic idea! this would really help a gal get to know what the heck she is staring at in the *vintage* Treasures Dept...;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore