26 October 2010

Furniture Cheat Sheet: The Windsor Chair

It's pouring rain here and the forecast is that it will turn into snow over the next day or two.  Blech! I always get a sense of anxiety with the first snowfall, more because of driving on the icy roads in traffic.  But I'm trying to stay upbeat and not let it get me down.

For now, I will head over to my happy place - talking about furniture!  Today's cheat sheet is all about the Windsor chair.  If you're not already familiar with this one, you will be when you see the pic. 
{Image via}

They're a very popular dining room set chair, my mom has an oak set.  But of course, knowing me - I see potential for a classic style in a beautiful bright colour...like these gorgeous modern interpretations of the traditional Windsor.  These were designed by Chris Specce for Matter and I love the pared down design and chic blue and black colours.

{Image via}

Don't you think these are a charming nod to the original design? Are you a fan of the traditional Windsor chair?  Or do you think it's too country?

For those of you nearby, stay dry!  For the rest of you, I'm jealous! Yes, I'm talking to you gals in Vegas and Florida...

10 comments:

  1. Thanks Lenore, I love this new feature of yours! I'll be printing these out for my Cheat-Sheet book as I thrift away :) Love your stuff, Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its raining here too..I love both: the modern and classic version:)
    Kisses,sweetie
    Stay warm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just thought I'd let you know I love your blog! Also, I live in Saskatoon, and if what weather we have here is coming your way it is indeed snow, and LOTS of it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shhhh Sara- we don't want to hear that. Let us be blissfully ignorant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy the rain, it's my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Sara! But why oh why do you have to tell me these things?? I know, the snow is inevitable...

    PS: Nice to see your comments Char :)

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the modern take on the Windsor! Would love to have them as dining chairs. They'd also loook lovely sitting up against a wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i was just thinking the other week how i want to repaint the old oak chairs like this that we inherited and turn them turquoise or something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post. Very inspiring! Thanks.

    http://redumbrellachronicles.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a bit of country so i may be partial but I love them
    you did a great job on this post

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore