20 June 2011

From the Cabin Kitchen: AM + PM Smoothies


Hey friends! Happy Monday! Did you all have a good weekend? We had a blast out at the cabin, just relaxing and fishing and reading and sleeping in. I always feel so refreshed when I come back from doing nothing. How about you?


Today I'm sharing my favourite smoothie recipe - I make these every weekend (just coffee on the run on weekdays!). I've always loved yogurt so this is almost like dessert in a cup!! It works so good with different fruit combos and even frozen fruit works great, meaning these can be enjoyed year round!

AM Smoothie 

In a blender, mix together: 
-4 or 5 large cut strawberries
-1 banana
-1/2 cup fat free plain yogurt
-1/2 cup almond milk 

So good!!
 

But what's a girl to do come 4:40 at the lake when it's cocktail hour?  

I decided to put a little grown up spin on my fave smoothie by making a few ingredient swaps...

PM Smoothie

In a blender, mix together:
-4 or 5 large cut strawberries
-1/2 cup cut pineapple (or you could still use the banana, it gives good smooth texture)
-1/2 cup fat free plain yogurt
-splash of almond milk
-2 oz Malibu coconut rum

Oh yes - a healthy yet indulgent vacation in a glass!! This was enjoyed during a very competitive game of bocce ball with J...I won of course. 

What's your fave summer smootie/cocktail friends? Any fun new fruit combos I should try?

2 comments:

  1. These look delic! Now I'm going to make some for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ones, need to try this!

    http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore