21 March 2011

Thanks for the memories...

Today is a sad day at Fusion.

We lost a very special member of this family we call an advertising agency. Our former Creative Director Terry Kuzina passed away on the weekend after a long battle with a cruel illness. My heart is broken for his loved ones, especially his daughter Theresa who still works with us. To watch her lose her father to such an unfair opponent has been devasting and I'm trying to channel all my thoughts, prayers, love and grief into some sort of positive energy for them. But it doesn't change the fact that a father, a husband, a son, a mentor and a friend was lost today.

Terry was my very first creative director. It took a long time for me to find my way into a career that fulfills me and once I did, I was blessed to have Terry as my guide. He was a gentle man - quiet, contemplative and always with a smile. He nurtured this insecure copywriter with words of encouragement and a gentle push. I always left his office feeling 15% frustrated and 85% committed to showing him something better.

He made me want to be better and because of him...I am. Thank you Terry, for holding such an important place in my growth and my life.

You are sadly, sadly missed.


9 comments:

  1. You were fortunate to have such an inspiring and nurturing boss. Sorry to hear of your loss.
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... I hadn't heard yet. I am SO sad. Terry definitely made an impression on me when I was getting my feet wet in the copywriting world a decade ago. He was a great man - to work for, and just to have had the pleasure of knowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i am so sorry for your loss, lenore. it sounds like it was a tough battle for him- may he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear this. Thought and prayers are with you and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry, Lenore. My thoughts and prayers are with Terry's family and of course you. He sounds like he was a wonderful man and mentor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry for your loss Lenore, it sounds like he was a wonderful mentor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very sorry for your loss, my heart breaks for his family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear about this loss... praying for his family & loved ones! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about this! Sending good thoughts your way. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore