15 March 2011

Agency Style Peek: Ruffle Your Feathers

Hello and welcome to another edition of Agency Style Peek! This is a fun new column I introduced last week where I snap shots of my super stylish co-workers at the advetising agency where I work, so you can get a peek at some style inspiration. Plus I'm a bit of a fashion junkie so I've been wanting to add a bit of my clotheshorse personality to the blog - hope you like it!
  
Say hello to Lorraine! This cutie petutie graphic designer is the baby at Fusion, not because she's whiny but cause she's the youngest (lucky girl!). I'm always admiring her effortlessly cool outfits, like this one. She's a bit of an accessories queen, with details that really pop. I'm loving her asymetrical top, feather earrings and ruffled pumps!

 
She picked up these real peacock feather earrings on one of our lunchtime shopping sprees in the Exchange, at a thrifty boutique called Vintage Glory for only ten bucks!

The adorable ruffled grey pumps were a great find at Gordmans on a trip to the States. Lorraine swears that she never buys anything for more than $20. I said "Come on, even your jeans??" She reached back to look at the label..."okay, these were $25". Now that's a girl who can show you how to look good on a budget!

What's your 'limit' on clothes? Do you have rules to guide your purchases or do you just buy what you like?

Hope you all have a fantastic day friends!

7 comments:

  1. I am definitely not as thrifty as Lorraine. How does she do it?!

    Very cute, I too was admiring those pumps yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so adorable and I love those pumps:) Enjoy your day, sweetie
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same shoes- from DSW- for sure under $20 but jeans- oy vey- never spent less than a hundred on jeans-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty thrifty when it comes to clothes - I try to buy off season so I get good stuff for cheap. Most of my fav finds are between 5 to 10 bucks! I recently scored a pair of JEGGINGS for 3 bucks and some changed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun column. You're lucky to work with such stylish people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shoes are so cute!! It's awesome that you get to work with such fashionable people. There is one lady in my office who is fashionable and she introduced me to my favorite store.
    I try to only shop the sales racks. It can make buying seasonal clothes a little difficult, but it's budget friendly. Right now with my weightloss I'm dropping sizes so fast it'd be a big waste of money to pay full price for anything.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore