14 March 2011

Before and After: Retro Yellow Mums Makeup Bench


Hi friends! Another Monday eh? I had a nice weekend, working on some furniture. How about you? Here's a little makeup bench I picked up recently. It was desperately in need of some Lather Creations refreshing, don't you think?


I decided to recover the seat with some gorgeous organic cotton fabric from Swanky Swell in a warm yellow mum pattern. Using the soft buttercream in the fabric, I painted the wood base in a soft cream that I mixed.


I wish I had my own makeup area with a little bench and a mirror! Do you? If so I'm very jealous! I think this little bench has a ton of great applications, from a mudroom to a cottage to extra seating to a little girl's bedroom. It's such a cute fun piece! Here's some more pics...






If you live in the Winnipeg area and think the Retro Yellow Mums Makeup Bench would look lovely in your home, you can buy it here. Or if you have an old piece of furniture you'd like to refresh, email me at lhume1@mts.net and let's talk!

Hope your Monday is awesome friends!

13 comments:

  1. that looks adorable! i love it staged with the caramel brown leather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet! great photos to Lenore :)
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! I had not heard of Lather Creations before - your stuff is amazing! Love your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that fabric is perfect- great job L!
    You always do such a great job of setting up and photographing your upcycled creations too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this little guy....cute fabric :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute! What's your wall color? Me likey.
    Kate @ welcomedtempest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Popping over from Primitive and Proper! Come on over if you have the chance @ Marine to a Housewife.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo I love it! you did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful! You bench is great, and so are your pictures. thanks so much for the link to the fabric, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this one the best of all so far...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore