22 March 2011

Before and After: Gentle Grey Owl Wooden Bench


Hi everyone, I hope you're having a good day. Thanks for all your kind words yesterday about Terry, it felt good to know you care. I've been working on this little wooden bench for the last two weekends and I'm pretty excited to finally show you. In my haste, I forgot to take my before shot but picture a small solid wood bench - plain and waiting for some Lather love!

Okay, here she is after...


I painted the base a soft lavender grey colour, then added hand painted details of an owl on a branch in navy and pale taupe. I'd been wanting to do something whimsical and fun and this was just the ticket! I picture this bench in a little one's bedroom, it's small scale allows for lacing up sneakers with ease. It would also be really nice in a soft baby's bedroom, with the gentle grey owl watching over a good night's sleep.




If you live in the Winnipeg area and have the perfect place for the Gentle Grey Owl Wooden Bench, you can buy it here. If have your own piece of wood furniture you'd like painted, drop me a line at lhume1@mts.net and let's talk! *update - this piece has been sold!

Have a great day friends!

11 comments:

  1. I think you've outdone yourself this time, that is ridiculously cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my GOSH!!!! i love this lenore. it is my fave. i love love love it. yes love! i may have to borrow this idea- thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such an awesome job with this! I love how you painted the owl....it is graphic and loose.....love it!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so cute and it would be so cute in a nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He {she?} is precious!!! I just love everything about gentle grey owl. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this bench, Lenore! I think this is my favorite piece you have done. He is so fun whimsical. You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this....An owl! WOW, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make me want to put an owl somewhere. I have a bench with a bird, but I am really liking that owl. It's just perfect on that piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this! The owl is so cute. Really really great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! So sorry I missed out I would love to have had this for my owl themed nursery

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore