27 July 2010

Cooling Off

My lord it's been hot out here!  Yesterday J and Gus and I were really suffering, with our INDOOR thermostat registering 30 degrees!!!  We only have a small A/C unit in the upstairs bedroom.  Soooo, we decided to kick it old school and run through the sprinkler!


We were making homemade pizza and sweltering (I know, not a good cooking choice on the hottest day of the year!), so J went on a cold beverage run.  He grabbed some beer for himself and picked me up this sweet white wine by Barefoot.  It's called Moscato and it's a tad sweeter than a riesling.  Love it!

I was also wishing I had fresh rasberries on hand to whip u a batch of rasberry lemonade...
A nice drink choice for those who don't indulge (and for those who do with a splash of lemon vodka!).


How are you keeping cool this summer my friends?

10 comments:

  1. i love moscato- that is one of my favorite wines! my kids and i just got home from the pool. we hang out a lot there in the summer.... and ice cream!!! love ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking pizza on a hot day!

    Where I live our summer is your winter- I cook a lot in the spring and stock up so I don't dare turn the oven on.

    Yesterday it was 44 and today it is 40- here- we do not have humidity but I would not turn on the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After I got back from my beach vball game last night I was dying from the heat, so I whipped up some berry smoothies - frozen berries, vanilla yogurt, vanilla, sugar, water + ice cubes. And I had some leftover, which is currently sitting in my freezer for later :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been doing alot of complaining, but that hasn't made me any cooler! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was playing beach volleyball last night and got absolutely soaked by the sudden torrential downpour! That's Calgary for ya...
    If you want to enjoy homemade pizza but can't stand the heat in the house, cook it on the bbq.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. the barefoot label is so cute! i admit i pick by wines by the labels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally going to take the dude out and play in the sprinkler tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cook the pizza on the BBQ - soooo good! And you don't heat up the house. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it has been so hot! i'm afraid the air conditioner has been my best friend:) ready for fall....yes i am!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore