31 May 2011

Style Peek: Help with Engagement Dressing

Hello fashionistas! I need your help. I secretly had my wedding dress seamstress make me a more casual custom dress for my engagement photos (a splurge I know, but I couldn't resist!). It's so beautiful and I couldn't be more thrilled with it. It's the prettiest navy floral eyelet, with a fitted top and box pleated flared bottom. The piece de resistance? Pockets of course!


This shape/length is the model for my wedding dress actually...which will be the same on the bottom but with a different top, and in the champaign peau de soie I got for a wicked steal. So you're actually getting a bit of a sneak peek!

Well our engagement photos are set for this weekend out in Gimli (my fave place on earth!), weather permitting. We'll have two outfits (indulgent, I know but a gal only does it once right?). One is dressier and the other more casual. I'm wearing my new dress for the 'dressier pics' but I'm trying to decide on the styling. That's where you come in!

I need your opinion...do you like look #1? Fresh, modern and colourful with a kelly green cardie, silver disc necklace and black and white peep toes.


Or, do you prefer look #2? Soft, relaxed and earthy, this one has a coffee coloured cardi, natural chunky wood necklace and distressed chocolate leather pointy toe flats.


I like them both but I can't decide. Can you help a girl out??

25 comments:

  1. I like the green cardie and peep toes - the look is soft and romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! My vote goes to #1, but then I'm always a sucker for that shade of green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! i also vote for look #1. great color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like option #1 with the green cardi. The colour combination will look great in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. green cardi, definitely!
    love the look of #1!
    i think it'll be adorbs for pics!
    have fun!
    crossing my fingers you get good weather.
    can you believe tomorrow is june and it's still so crappy outside?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1~i think the wood necklace is too busy for the dress, altho i love the soft brown sweater with it.. great dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for #1, as well! Super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't even read the comments (so as not to be influenced) but I love the GREEN! Great dress- purple is such a good color to encourage prosperity. (In Feng Shui).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cute looks, but #1 gets my vote. Love the blue and green together - very fresh and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The green cardi, definitely. It's so much more vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a sucker for green - that shade in particular is gorgeous with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dress is darling and the fit is awesome!! You are giving me dress envy!! I love the green but would totally do the pointy flat with it. They totally elongate your leg and give it an edge. Who is shooting you guys?? I am so excited to see!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the green looks best! It's more feminine and I love it paired with the navy!! Can't wait to see the photos from the shoot :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. definitely #1! i think the fresh colours will really pop on camera!

    ReplyDelete
  15. #1. A lot of the pictures will be close ups anyway. The necklace is better, more of a contrast. For a real closeup, take off the sweater. You are taking photos for the ages. Sweaters might become hopelessly old fashioned. Also try for some black and white pictures. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love the green! it looks like that will be the winner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Number 1! You look lovely in both, but I think the green pop really makes it. Eeps! You must be getting SOO excited! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd go #1. The pop of green will photograph beautifully. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the green in #1! So fresh and Spring/Summer! Have fun doing the engagement shots!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally vote #1! That green looks lovely with your hair and the purple dress. It's more fun and carefree and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks all for letting me know your thoughts - super helpful! To all of you who didn't get a direct response from me, it's silly Blogger and how it's set up - if you don't have a certain type of account I can't email you back.

    So here's a big group hug instead!

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  22. SOOOO pretty Lenore!! Love both ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Where did you get the pointy brown flats?! I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore