24 May 2011

From the Kitchen: BBQ Chicken Tortilla Pizza


Hey all! Did you have a good long weekend? Ours was super relaxing out at the cottage - sadly it rained the whole time but I secretly didn't mind because it was a great excuse to read, sleep, read, watch movies and yes - read! I finished Fly Away Home (fabulous!) and I started Still Alice (really good so far!). How was your long weekend?

For today's In the Kitchen, I'm such a dolt that I accidentally deleted the shots of the finished pizza, then we ate them so fast that I didn't have a chance to take any more!! But I wanted to share this amazing recipe as quick as I could so you wouldn't miss one day without trying this tasty treat.

Obviously I'm watching what I eat with Weight Watchers, but I love love to cook so I've been actively seeking out new recipes and brainstorming my own. This is one I came up with on my own (although i'm sure it's been done many times before).


You'll need (makes 4 mini pizzas):
4 Dempsters Body Wise Tortillas
1/4 cup of your fave bbq sauce
1 cooked chicken breast (I poached mine)
1 cup fire roasted red peppers
1/2 cup sauteed slivered red onions
1-1/3 cups of reduced fat mozza/cheddar mix grated cheese

1. After cooking and chopping your chicken breast and sauteeing your onion, lay out your 4 tortillas.
2. Top each one with bbq sauce, onions, roasted red peppers, chopped chicken and cheese.
3. Bake at 325 for 15 minutes.

Oh. My. Goodness. So easy and soooooooooo yummy! And the tortilla gets nice and crispy like a thin crust pizza. J absolutely went nuts for these and we've decided it's a healthy staple to add to our dinner rotation. Next I think I'm going to try either lean cooked ham with mushroom and pineapple (hawaiian!) or chicken, artichoke and goat cheese, both with tomato sauce....mmmm! Eating healthy sure tastes good!

What's your fave recipe these days? Do share!

Have a great day friend!

1 comment:

  1. that is my kind of recipe.. 3 steps and it doesn't involve a toaster or a microwave! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore