29 May 2011

An Early Shower

Hey! I hope you all had a good weekend? I did. Friday was mellow and the Bruins won - yay! Yesterday I had brunch then J and I went out for dinner and played Trivial Pursuit. Today we did a MASSIVE house cleaning and had his dad and my mom over for dinner. What did you get up to?

So I wanted to share some pics of the oh-so-lovely surprise wedding shower that Fusion threw for fellow bride-to-be Kara and I on Friday afternoon. And here we thought it was just our regular monthly potluck! The team went all out, with tiaras and sashes, gorgeous gifts and super fun games (don't you find games really show off your strengths and weaknesses - word scramble = not so much, guess the celebrity wedding = I'm a superstar!). Here's Kara and I in the hot seat!


This shot of Kara is priceless - it looks like she just won Miss America!


On top of a generous gift card, they also picked out super personal gifts - like this very cool double mug set (they have to go together!).




I got the most gorgeous set of Jonathan Adler bird salt and pepper shakers. Aren't they so pretty? I think they need to be displayed as sculptures rather than used to season my sandwiches...


It was sweet and generous and fun! And unexpected - my wedding is not until September those this was the first of these occasions (my sister is having one for me on June 12th and J's family is throwing a family bbq shower for us on July 16th). I have to admit, it feels really nice to be made to feel so special! 

Thanks Fusion, for not only being a great place to work but amazing people to work with!

What was your shower like? Did you relish the attention or shy away from the spotlight?


4 comments:

  1. how awesome!!!! sounds like you work with such an amazing and caring team of people. congrats to you and kara! :) and yes, that pic of her is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...so sweet ;) Looks like so much fun. So glad your co-workers did this for you lovely ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun!

    My work threw a shower of sorts for me, lol! I got tied to my office chair and wheeled into the lift, then out into the pedestrian mall in the centre of town on a Friday evening. I was pretty embarrassed but did think it was pretty hilarious at the same time! Shamefully I cannot remember the gift they bought me...I think it may have been vouchers for a homewares store so I am sure I got something nice even though I feel bad now that I can't remember, oops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that shot of kara! and since i'm the one putting the tiara on her head, does that make me the former miss america? ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore