09 February 2011

In Bloom

Tomorrow I'm meeting with a local freelance florist to discuss my wedding flowers. I had initially thought about doing it myself (since I'm anal and type A like that!), but she comes highly recommended from a co-worker for her hip modern style and ability to work with various budgets (key!). I had also seen a lovely bouquet she threw together for my co-worker's wife and loved her work instantly! Can't wait to chat with her...

My vision for the tables is the mismatched collection of Etsy fabrics I told you about here, with mason jars filled with blooms and greenery plus one of my milk vase collection on each table with a single flower. The milk vase collection is really coming along - any excuse to go thrifting every week!


I also found a vendor on Etsy called Green Duckweed who hand dyes jute twine. I chose an aqua turquoise and ordered enough to use for various wedding projects. But for the tables specifically, I plan to wrap the twine around the mason jars with tags for the table numbers and maybe around the napkinds as well. I love the rustic texture of the twine and how the hand dying process is a little uneven. Just call me mis-matched bride!


I can't wait to share my vision with the florist and see what she comes up with! I'll keep you posted on how it goes...

PS: I'm not a big joiner but I threw caution to the wind and entered our engagement story in a contest for Weddings In Winnipeg. If you feel like throwing me a little love and comment support, you can check it out here!

Hope you're enjoying your Wednesday friends, countdown to the weekend is on!

5 comments:

  1. I really like your ideas and the colour is so pretty! I would totally use the twine for the napkins too:) Happy day, sweetie pie

    Ps: I am hosting a beautiful GIVEAWAY today! Hope you’ll join in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your ideas! Good luck with the story in Weddings In Winnipeg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenore...Your vision sounds fabulous! It sound so lovely..I cannot wait to see it! Love the milk glass collection! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the flowers in the milk jar vases, that will be SO BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big joiner- I think I just snort laughed- but since no one is around I guess I didn't and I'm just saying I did.

    I look forward to seeing what your florist comes up with!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore