20 February 2011

Before and After: {All You Need is Love} Blue Half Moon Table









Happy weekend friends! It's a long weekend here plus I took Friday off so I'm luxuriating in all the sleeping in and 'me' time!

Friday my sister and I went fabric shopping for her Matron of Honour dress (what a horrible term for a 29-year old, don't you think?). Luckily, she's a talented seamstress so she'll be making her own dress. We found the most lovely soft aqua cotton twill that is the perfect mix of relaxed and chic. Can't wait to see what she does with it!

I've also been working on some Lather Creations projects and I'm excited and nervous for this reveal. Remember this vintage wood half-moon table I picked up in the fall?


Well I decided to have some fun with it. Being such a music lover, I've been wanting to incorporate song lyrics into my pieces for a long time. This became the chosen one!

I primed and painted it in a fun beachy blue. Then I picked up an aquamarine paint pen and hand painted the lyrics from the Beatles' classic 'All you need is love' along the rounded edges. Then I sealed the whole piece with water-based polyurethane. Because there's nothing you can do that can't be done :)

From grandparents to newborns, Beatles lyrics really do stand the test of time - so I think this table would be perfect as a side table or even in a baby's room!






I love love how it turned out and I can't wait to do my pieces in the 'Lyrical Series'. If you have any ideas for great lyrics to use on pieces, do pass them along!


If you live in the Winnipeg area, adore the Beatles and simply must have the All You Need is Love Blue Half Moon Table, you can buy it hereOr if you have a dated piece of furniture that could use  a Lather Creations refresh with your favourite lyrics, email me at lhume1@mts.net and let's have a chat!


How are you spending your weekend friends? Doing deliciously fun things I hope!

10 comments:

  1. i love those lyrics. michelle at ten june just posted the clip last week from love actually (my fave movie) where they play that song. i love the table and the quote is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog this past fall, and it quickly became one of my favorite things to read on the web. I look forward to your creativity each week! Congratulations on your success and upcoming wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difference that writing makes!! I really love it :)
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love it!!!! You have got me hooked on old furniture to painting it! Thank you SO much for your inspiration!!! I am now using old to new pieces in my home. It's so refreshing!!! We would be a fun yard saling team:)Alyssa of Boston Bee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this piece and I agree, it would be really, really cute in a nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fabulous Lenore! Your creativity and vision for cast away furniture is marvelous! You are super talented! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it was a good weekend! I love the table. It looks great. I like the idea of putting words in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been looking through your furniture transformations. You do an amazing job! I love the quotes on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love this table. I have a half moon table that has had its home in the basement for awhile now due to its homely look.. so this is exactly what it needs. I love the lyrics on it. I was just wondering what color your chose for the table? Its beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore