22 November 2010

If the boot fits...

Eeeeeeeek! 

I have the bestest news.  The Steve Madden boots I've been coveting for over a year and a half just miraculously appeared in my Shoe Warehouse...ON SALE!!!!  I cannot tell you how excited I am, I'm slightly hyperventilating right now. 

Yes, we all know by know that I have a serious shopping addiction. At least that's what my mom always called it.  I happen to call it something else - smart shopping.  Yes, I shop frequently but that's just because it's hard for me to find the perfect thing in the perfect size.  You see friends...I have size 11 feet.  And I'm just under six feet tall.  And I'm, well, I'm voluptous. (I'm cringing inside as I type this online confession or realization or whatever you want to call it).  Anyhow, it's hard for me to find sizes because regular sizes are a bit small and plus sizes are a bit big.  Who said life was fair right? 

Almost two years ago  I tried on these magnificent boots in a 10 and they just about fit.  Which means an 11 would be perfect.  If I could find them.  I couldn't even find them to order online and get shipped to Canada.  Hence, this discovery being so amazing!  Without further adieu, here they are...


Tall, tiny wedge heel, black leather, perfect.  I've been admiring similar styles (in brown) on some of my fave style bloggers, dreaming about finding MY perfect boots.

{image via Kendi Everyday}

 {image via The Eclectic Owl}

Buy a new car...meh.  Buy new boots...woohoooooooooooo! Isn't it crazy how something so mundane can make you so excited?


That's all. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

6 comments:

  1. sweet boots Lenore! I have the same issues with sizing so I can relate. I don't shop often for the same reason that you shop a lot :) but when I come across something that fits, I buy it!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally just bought these in septemeber! I did the chocolate brown..and mucho love them. I too have been drooling over them for a year. Oh for the love of leather..

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Smart shopping," I like that. ;)

    xoxo,
    Karina
    Dreaming of Palm Trees

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a shoeholic myself, there's nothing like the high of finding the perfect shoe or in this case boot. I would say you exercised remarkable restraint waiting as long as you did to bide your time, finding the boots of your dreams in a local store unexpectedly and 'ON SALE YET.' You go girl!
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great! I've been on the hunt for the perfect boots too. We certainly get our use out of them up here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore