28 November 2010

From the Kitchen: Cinnamon Bun Sundays


So half asleep this morning I groggily said 'we should make cinnamon buns...'. J got as excited as a kid on Christmas day and lept out of bed.  Who would have known it takes over 3 hours to make cinnamon buns?  And that I would end up being the one who basically makes them? Good thing it's one of those lazy Sundays! The only thing missing from this little Martha Stewart scenario is trimming the Christmas tree...but we're not there yet.

If you feel like you can't resist some baked deliciousness...you can try the Breadmaker Cinnamon Bun recipe I used here.  But if you'd rather not spend 3 hours making a zillion calorie treat - I really don't blame you.

Hope you're having a great weekend friends...what are you getting up to?

5 comments:

  1. Ha! I had that same scenario but with gingerbread men. Once I got them baked I had no desire to actually decorate them, so into the freezer they go until my Martha Stewart holiday spirit returns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenore, I just buy the Pillsbury stuff from fridge to table in 15 minutes, HA! Shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat to have homemade cinnamon buns! Those are so yummy on a chilly winter morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. save for a few photography outings, i had an exceptionally lazy holiday weekend. those treats looks AMAZING.

    :)

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! And 3 hour cinnamon rolls?! YOWZA. But my oh my, do they look tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore