26 October 2011

Style Peek: blue stripes sweater + marigold skirt


Well hello! I'm in all kinds of a goofy mood lately....must be delerium from being so busy!! Yesterday's outfit is complete evidence of this. I threw caution to the wind and mixed it up, breaking all the fashion 'rules'.

Unexpected colour combination of navy and varsity blues plus mustard yellow? Check! Oversized sweater that's almost as long as my skirt? Check! Black tights with no other black in the outfit? Check! 

This blog has made me more bold with my choices. The more I post outfit pics, the more I realize this is about having fun and expressing myself - so I hope to continue to keep doing it. There's only one me - so my outfits should be the same. I hope you're having fun with your style choices today? The golden rule - if it makes you smile and twirl when you put it on - it's a glamour 'do'!!






blue striped cardigan - Gap (shop similar)
white slouchy pocket tank - Old Navy (shop)
marigold skirt - handmade by me!
black tights - had forever...
black leather flats - Aldo
blue leather belt - Target

PS: Since we're all about sharing good stuff here - I thought I would let you know that I bought a new winter coat at Mark's Work Wearhouse. Not sexy I know, but hey - we live in Winnipeg! Anyway, we all know a winter coat is not a cheap purchase but if you're in the market I thought I would let you know that if you sign up for Mark's emailing list - you get a coupon for 20% off one item - it shaved $40 off my coat!

Have an amazing day friends!



7 comments:

  1. Love the skirt! what a great colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pop of yellow with all of the neutrals you have on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog! How cute are you?! =) Love this outfit. That skirt is adorable, particularly with the striped cardigan!

    <3
    Kelsey
    charmingpumpkin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is such a fantastic colour! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your skirt!
    Mustard is really my favorite color for fall and winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that skirt, Lenore. I've been searching for a similarly colored cardigan ... but haven't been able to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the skirt! Too bad it's not available to buy somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore