30 November 2011

Style Peek: black crewneck + black tights + summer skirt


Hey strangers...how have you been? I'm super excited because I leave tomorrow for a long weekend jaunt to Calgary! I'm going to see my dad and stepmom, have tons of great visits with my girls and do a wee bit of shopping. Can't wait!

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the mild November we're having but NOT loving it be dark both before and after work...hence the dark photos. One of the great things about the mild days is being able to still get away with tights. I've been wanting to wear some of my summer skirts, like this one. So I paired it with a plain black crewneck, plain black tights and black flats...so comfy and it puts all the focus on the skirt. Plus I feel kind of ballerina-ish in this colour combo!





black crewneck sweater - Gap (shop similar)
blush embroidered skirt - Gap (shop similar)
black tights - Silk Plus 
black leather flats - Aldo (shop similar)

Hope you're all having a lovely week friends!



4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I just tried to take indoor outfit photos and they did not turn out as good as these. I hate the constant darkness!

    I like this trick alot, transitioning summer pieces by pairing with tights and a sweater. I've only done it a couple of times but it totally works. I love the simplicity of this outfit, you look great. Have fun in Calgary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skirt is adorable winterized! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great visit in our fair city. We had a snow storm tomorrow but it's supposed to be +5 tomorrow so it should all melt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! This is such a wonderful idea, Lenore! I'm going to break out some of my summer skirts. =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore