23 November 2011

Modcloth reduces shipping to Canada!

Hello everyone! I have some great news for us Canadian gals who love Modcloth...they've adjusted their shipping fees!

I made an order in the summer and it was something ridiculous like $17 for one item. I definitely think shipping fees are a huge barrier for companies wanting to increase their online shopping market. Well after seeing Modcloth advertising lower international shipping, I plugged this cute dress into my shopping cart for fun to see what shipping would be...would you believe it calculated at $1.98? I refreshed my screen a few times to make sure I wasn't seeing things! Nope, all correct. So of course I couldn't help myself and ordered it.





As a side note, I tried filling my cart with $200 worth of clothes and shipping was still under $20 so it must be pro-rated.

It's so much easier to think about buying one item here and there when shipping is close to nothing...Asos has really set the bar with this with their free worldwide shipping. I recently scored this dress for free shipping and no customs fees or taxes because the package value was below $50!


Let's hope everyone else follows their lead and starts reducing shipping fees to Canada!

*Ummm...can you tell I have a thing for blue dresses?

Have you scoped any new great deals you'd like to share? I'd love to hear them! Hope you all have a lovely rest of the week!




15 comments:

  1. I am so glad! It always bothered me how so many American companies charge so much to ship to Canada-

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously the greatest news. It was always super fast shipping with UPS but so pricey when only getting one or two things. I love this new regular mail option! Although I fear I will be purchasing far more now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely dress, I'm just wondering if you know if that includes customs charges? I would love to order something! but the last time I got a small package from the states I paid an extra $28 to the delivery man at the door for duties and customs :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both lovely! I've looked at Modcloth and Asos before but never purchased anything because of the shipping costs. Glad to hear they've gone down! Now I just need to overcome my fear of purchase clothing online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!! I totally just ordered that Modcloth dress, too. It's sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the stuff on mod cloth but i definitely haven't bought anything because of the wicked shipping fees. I'm absolutely look into it now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently made my first Modcloth order since the new shipping was introduced and was charged customs, taxes and handling worth half the price of my order. That has never happened before and I've ordered dozens of times previously. Bottom line - the UPS option is cheaper in the long run if this is happening to everyone. I won't be buying there anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't be purchasing from there anymore either.. my boyfriend bought me a beautiful one piece bathing suit but the sizes were ULTRA small so I had to return it... but returns are not free from Canada... so modcloth gave me a credit along with 15% off my entire order to make me a little less upset. So I decided to make a larger order with the 15% off and Black Friday deals..... so all and all I had to pay $58 for my entire order... customs cost $30!!!! over half the price of the order... is there anyway to avoid these customs charges?

      Delete
  8. I've ordered from Modcloth regularly in the past three years, and I'm not a fan of these new shipping fees. USPS was crazy expensive once it reached Canada - customs, taxes, handling ended up being almost half the price of my order, excluding shipping!! I'm very disappointed and will not order from Modcloth again unless this changes. :( The shipping may be cheaper, but everything else is far more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agree. Ordered many many times before. On my last order, I had to pay $94 for custom, etc. Will not be ordering anymore. Too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a longtime Canadian customer of Modcloth I am incredibly disappointed with these so-called "lower" shipping fees to Canda. I preferred to pay $20.00 and to know that I had nothing else to pay. Ever since these "lower shopping fees" were introduced a few months ago, the USPS/UPS/duty/taxes on each parcel have spiralled out of control. So what if I only pay a few bucks in shipping? I have to pay $$$$ at the door!
    I've written to Modloth about this several times and asked them to go back to the old way. They don't seem to get it or their responses are incoherent. Well, today I refused to accept a $150 dress from the UPS guy when he asked me to pay over $60 on top of the dress and shipping costs. Maybe if more non- Americans start sending back the packages, Modcloth will finally "get it".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Likewise - ordered a $75 dress and had to pay $32 in customs charges when it was delivered. Ridiculous. Won't be ordering from modcloth again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow !! I totally just ordered that Modcloth dress, too. It's sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow !! I totally just ordered that Modcloth dress, too. It's sooooo cute!
    Online Shopping Market

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore