16 January 2011

Blog Hug

{image via CoffeeShop}


There's no doubt about it friends. I'm in a serious blog funk. Maybe it's because it's the dead of winter? Maybe it's a Christmas bustle hangover? Or probably it's because there's just too much going on and I'm only one woman. But the truth is I'm really missing it. I love chatting with you all and not having those regular conversations is really starting to get to me. So I'm just going to keep writing, even when I don't always have something to write about. Hopefully it will keep me going during the dry spells so I can ride them out better. Plus we just got our new macbook and router so I'm writing this post in bed while watching the Golden Globes - how cool is that?

The truth is that I really love blogging. It's changed my life in so many cool and amazing ways. Even with my wedding planning alone, most of the cool contacts I'm made and ideas I've found have come from blogging. I found my venue when it was featured on the Martha Stewart weddings blog. I found my photographer through a referral from an old acquaintance via Twitter. And a lovely local reader hooked me up with her wedding seamstress to possible my my dream dress.

So tonight I'm giving a big Sunday night hug to blogging, bloggers, blog readers and all the amazing thoughts, words and ideas we share with each other each and every day.

What does blogging mean to you? I'd love to know if it's enriched your lives as much as it has mine.

Rest up friends and have a wonderful week ahead! 


10 comments:

  1. right back at ya! i love all the friends i have made- they keep me going. we'll all be here, so no worries if you need a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy has blogging ever enriched my life! It helped me work through the darkest episode of depression I've ever experienced, it's shown me that I don't have to write a novel to write something meaningful and enjoyable. I'm an introvert, so it's helped my friends and family get to know me better. I could go on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging surely has enriched my life in so many ways....it sure is fun to get such amazing comments from an amazing community of woman. Don't worry about your 'dry spell' Lenore..it will pass. I have gone through dry spells before with blogging and I try not to pressure myself. That is part of the reason I have resisted doing a monthly schedule...I don't want blogging to feel too much like a 'job'. I want it to be fun and fresh and spontaneous. Have a *wonderful* week! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i went through a blog funk all last august and into the fall. i totally know where you're coming from. take the time you need! we'll be here!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally blog hug- You are such an inspiration to me and I am so happy to have met you through this all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry. Let's try that again :)

    I hear you. I'm stuck too... I have been since before Christmas. Here's to writing anyway and keeping the conversation going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a blog reader (so far, hope to start a blog real soon) but is has enriched my life! I have met some lovely women and made some special friendships. And, I am in awe of the wonderful talent, creativity, inspiration, wisdom and true kindness that is out there. A big hug back to you, Lenore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have definitely met some wonderful people who are now friends through blogging! Hope to see you back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO sweet! You've inspired me to paint my old yucky brown furniture! Three cheers to you! I've also have gotten a ton of decor ideas from all over the world! Blogging is great! :)Alyssa of Boston Bee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore