29 August 2012

Style Peek: chambray skirt + colour-blocked top + wispy cardigan


Howdy! How are you doing today friends? Well, we have finally completed our reno of the new Gimli condo and I can't even believe it was only 36 DAYS!!! Words cannot express how exhausted yet proud I am of what we accomplished. I took lots of photos of the before and after and I'll share them with you soon, I promise! 

And as one major life event wraps up, another begins - Fall semester at the University! I'm super nervous about the craziness everyone keeps telling me to expect, but also very excited at engaging all the new students on social media. Do you happen to attend/work at/are an alumni of the U of M? Follow us on Twitter @umanitoba and check out our Facebook page at /umanitoba....looking forward to chatting with you!

As for clothes? Well, this Gap chambray gathered skirt kind of goes with anything so I decided to pair it with an old colour-blocked blouse from Forever 21 plus at the back of the closet and an open weave cardi I picked up in spring at Banana Republic. I try hard to be a remixer so every once in a while -  I encourage you to dig to the back of your closet and try a new combo - you just never know how it will turn out!






 chambray gathered skirt - Gap
colour-blocked top - Forever 21 plus
sheer cardigan - Banana Republic (shop here)
necklace - Forever 21
ballet flats - J. Crew (shop here)

Have a lovely day friends!



2 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! Those flats are amazing.
    I took University One at the UofM a number of years back and loved it. I'll be sure to follow you on Twitter Dear. xo
    Ps. Excited to see the Gimli condo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT POST:)
    Your blog is so wonderful and Im following...I hope you follow me also:)

    If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration...check out my new post:)

    Have a great weekend dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore